Great Levin venue for functions and a tranquil dining experience
You wouldn’t think it from looking on the outside, but the Garden Depot in Ohau hides a fantastic little secret. Tucked away at the back of the garden center is a cafe with an interior that captures the best of city chic and country comfort. From the wood burner fireplace and the covered outdoor seating area through to the quarter acre of grass for the kids to run about in, Salt & Pepper Cafe has something for everyone.
Whether it’s relaxing by the fire and enjoying a freshly made coffee or taking in a glass of local wine while overlooking your children playing in the yard, Salt & Pepper Cafe is suited for both professionals and families alike. There’s even more seating outdoors for those beautiful sunny Horowhenua days when it feels like the afternoon sun could last forever.
With plenty of room to spread out in, Salt & Pepper Cafe would love to become your secret hideout from the highway.
Looking for a Christmas function venue? or birthday or wedding venue in Levin?
Salt & Pepper Cafe have menu and indoor/outdoor venue options available for all occasions.
Example set menu – 2 Course $38 – 3 Course $48 (Vegetarian options available, prices and options may vary seasonally)
– Pan seared scallops with pancetta, nestled on fresh cos lettuce tossed in a chipotle dressing. Topped with crispy pancetta, and roquette.
– Soup of the day, served with crusty ciabatta.
– Chicken and mushroom crepe, chicken breast and button mushrooms in a cream sauce, encased in a house made crepe, and topped with toasted macadamia nuts.
– Vegetarian spring rolls, house made, with a duo of Asian inspired dipping sauces.
– Honey and rosemary glazed crispy pork belly, parsnip puree, homemade spiced apple sauce, baby carrots and gourmet potatoes.
– Fish of the Day (please check blackboard or ask your friendly waitstaff).
– Scotch Fillet Steak (250gms), cooked to your liking, served on a roasted garlic mash potato, caramelized onions, wilted spinach, and a classic bearnaise sauce.
– Rack of lamb, pan seared and, oven baked served with a kumara gratin, chimichurri sauce and a minted pea puree.
– Tiramisu, layered Italian sponge biscuits, with Kahlua infused mascarpone, and chocolate.
– White chocolate panna cotta, topped with raspberry couli, and fresh berries.
– Classic creme brulee, accompanied with a candied orange in a Cointreau syrup, and almond biscotti.
– Chocolate and peanut brownie, served with a salted caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream.
Contact us today to find out more.